• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Wuff's project 86 Fox

Crazy wuff

Whats up peoples? Joined the forum the other night an figured I'd go ahead and start flapping my jaw about my stang. I 've had the car for about 3 years. I was told it sat in a field for about 4-5 years, A shop in town got it in trade and they were taking turns beat on it at the drag strip! I rescued it and it was in bad shape. The floors were pretty rusty from a leaking sun roof. It was missing all kinds of parts from people cannibalizing. They were running it with nothen but the stock manifolds, no pipes no nothen. The five speed would jump out of gear in second if you didn't hold it in. The motor was surprisingly strong though. I put floors in it and a 14 point cage that's tied in to the front shock towers. What was left of the stock dash had to go so I fabed up a race style dash in to the roll cage. Over the past couple of years I've done a ton of work on it, and its starting to come together. I sold my jet a few weeks back so I finally had some coin to throw at! The motor is coming out next week, still runs good but it leaks oil bad. That motor is getting new seals, gaskets and freeze plugs and is going in my 90 F-150. I've got a fresh 5.0 sitting on the stand ready to go in. also having the c-4 gone thru and a set of 3.73s

FoxBodyMustangs

Administrator
Staff member
Whats up peoples? Joined the forum the other night an figured I'd go ahead and start flapping my jaw about my stang. I 've had the car for about 3 years. I was told it sat in a field for about 4-5 years, A shop in town got it in trade and they were taking turns beat on it at the drag strip! I rescued it and it was in bad shape. The floors were pretty rusty from a leaking sun roof. It was missing all kinds of parts from people cannibalizing. They were running it with nothen but the stock manifolds, no pipes no nothen. The five speed would jump out of gear in second if you didn't hold it in. The motor was surprisingly strong though. I put floors in it and a 14 point cage that's tied in to the front shock towers. What was left of the stock dash had to go so I fabed up a race style dash in to the roll cage. Over the past couple of years I've done a ton of work on it, and its starting to come together. I sold my jet a few weeks back so I finally had some coin to throw at! The motor is coming out next week, still runs good but it leaks oil bad. That motor is getting new seals, gaskets and freeze plugs and is going in my 90 F-150. I've got a fresh 5.0 sitting on the stand ready to go in. also having the c-4 gone thru and a set of 3.73s
Welcome and make sure to get pics up.. Hope you enjoy your stay..