• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Chronicles of the Beast!

Blown347

Staff member
K member and More Scott Rod Stuff is installed:
epy4ujaz.jpg

9a6age6y.jpg

7ytu7epe.jpg

2ymyvume.jpg

NotchRacer

Shake and Bake!
Whew! Looks good. With that 408 setup I am sure you will be in the mid 10's. Im interested to see how the 408 turns out. My current setup is a 351 Cleveland punched 60 over, Forged internals, 4V heads with some work in them, 950cfm Predator carb, decently radical cam. When the car weighed in at 3200lbs it was running 6.80's. I have recently done some things to it and Im searching for 6.40's for this season. Next season I am going to spray a little and see if we can get down to 5.90's.

Blown347

Staff member
Whew! Looks good. With that 408 setup I am sure you will be in the mid 10's. Im interested to see how the 408 turns out. My current setup is a 351 Cleveland punched 60 over, Forged internals, 4V heads with some work in them, 950cfm Predator carb, decently radical cam. When the car weighed in at 3200lbs it was running 6.80's. I have recently done some things to it and Im searching for 6.40's for this season. Next season I am going to spray a little and see if we can get down to 5.90's.

Thanks buddy. Are you running at barona, Fontana or irwindale this season? I'm back I'm Afghanistan so had to take this season off. Good news is that the car will get completely finished when I get home.

I'm looking for similar times. Mid 6's 1/8th, low 6's maybe a high 5 on the bottle. Going to run a NOS cheater plate with probably a 150 shot for some bracket racing top end games and the occassional fun run all the way down the track. Just bought a trick nitrous setup, remote bottle opener, super pro shot noids, heater, the whole 9.

I put a 100 dry shot in my DD LX before I left and went and played with it at barona. Juice is a ton of fun :p

NotchRacer

Shake and Bake!
I will be running at Barona. Might take it out to Quallcomm first just to get the new motor broke in correctly before pushing it all out. Like I said I tweaked the motor a little. Redecked the heads to raise the compression up a bit and added a new crank, rods, bearings, and now the motor is in a different car by the way. The times from the post before were in a 69 Mustang race car that my father in law owned. He put a 428ci in it and I bought the 351C from him when he pulled it out and have done somethings to it and slapped it in my 80 Notch. So new car new setup for me. I too will be running a shot but I am going to wait and get this first season under my belt. I ran nitrous for 2 years in another car and you'er right it is a blast! The elapsed times that dropped per dollar spent with nitrous is so addicting you just want to add more! lol. Anyways stay safe in that hell hole man. I did my time and got out. See you when you get back!

Blown347

Staff member
Thanks buddy. I like Barona, definitely a good group of racers and staff. It's just excessively expensive for very minimal payouts to win there. I'll probably run some races there still but I think I'm going to try and run the entire summit schedule at Fontana and irwindale next season.

The parts are piling up back home to finish it!

So far, I've got:
Black powder coated heavily ported super Vic intake
Complete nitrous system
Custom FTI cam, 624 intake, 580 exhaust, 111* lobe seperation.
Lightweight 31 spline spool
Various fuel system pieces
Various new exterior trim pieces
Some other things I'm forgetting. Most of the big ticket items are bought, now it's time for all the small stuff to nickel and dime me to death lol

Last edited:

NotchRacer

Shake and Bake!
For me Fontana is just too far to go there all the time. I live out in Chula Vista so Barona is the closest track for me. I do plan on competing in the Summit Series as well. And I definitely feel you on the nickel and dime parts adding up. This car has been nickel and diming me too death lately. Lol. Anyways we will have to meet up at one of these races and hang out check out the rides. Im shooting to be completely ready to go again in June we will see if I can get everything put back together by then.

Blown347

Staff member
I live in temecula so Fontana is closer for me but I'm pretty much right in the middle of all 3 tracks.

I look forward to seeing your ride when I get back.

Blown347

Staff member
Got some more parts waiting at home :D

-Aerospace 4 piston pro street front brakes
-Team Z stock location rear springs powder coated chrome
-grant steering wheel
-canton 7qt pan with pickup and flex dip stick

There's more but can't think of it all off the top of my head.

Can't wait to thrash on this thing in the fall :)

Blown347

Staff member
Never posted a pic but the Scott rod rear seat delete got installed before I left as well. Really nice piece I'm happy with the way it turned out.

peny6ahe.jpg

Mnstr50

Yo, I just revisted this post. I've been seriously debating a 351 based build for my 4-cyl. car. I like this! Do you think the heads will flow enough air for 10's? What about the cam?

I completely agree with you and boosted applications. I've had my share of superchargers, and I just want something clean and brutal. Cubic inches is the most appropriate method. Nitrous is something I'll be trying out soon for the first time. I really want to try and E85 tuned project as well.

Blown347

Staff member
Absolutely. Should be a mid-low 10 when all the bugs are worked out.
To me a Windsor swap is the most efficient way to get a small block monster. I'm pretty stoked for it to be finished

Blown347

Staff member
Coming down to the wire of getting home!

I've decided to run a Rons mechanical injection setup on the beast. The only reason I wouldn't commit to it sooner is because you have to run a front mount fuel cell, which I'm not fond of cutting up my fender aprons to do. But you can't beat the consistency, simplicity and power of mechanical alcohol injection so I bit the bullet lol.

I've got an entire moser package for the rear end, a nice Hughes transmission with a brake, Biondo mega 450 delay box, weld 2 piece magnum wheels, all kinds of stuff waiting for her! I'm pretty psyched. :)

Blown347

Staff member
If anyone is curious about mechanical injection, check out killerrons.com, it is really awesome stuff. (No you cannot run it in a street car lol)